- June 21, 2021
- Posted by: page2comm
- Category: Attorneys, Marketing Pros
Of all the social media platforms available today, LinkedIn is the place where most law firms and attorneys looking to grow their business should invest their time. If you view LinkedIn as an enormous time suck with not much payoff, you probably aren’t using best practices for efficient engagement there. Fear not! To help you make the most of this crucial tool for business development, we’ve pulled together a roundup of LinkedIn tips and tricks, all in one place.
Stay connected with your network in just a few minutes each day:
- Take advantage of the Featured section. Use this section of your profile to pin blog posts, LinkedIn updates, thought leadership articles, videos and more. Focus on updating this area regularly.
- Block out time for LinkedIn. Set aside at least 10 minutes a day to spend on LinkedIn. Break it into smaller increments if needed. Multiple short sessions will improve your visibility by showing LinkedIn that you are frequently active.
- Always post with your target audience in mind. Post valuable content for current and prospective clients, referral sources, and other influencers. Over time, they’ll view you as someone who is helpful and knowledgeable about the issues that are important to them.
- Use relevant and popular hashtags. Think of one to three keywords you want to be associated with your post. Use them as hashtags to help people find and engage with your content.
- Be personable, but not too personal. Share stories to build credibility and establish trust with your audience. However, avoid sharing deeply personal matters. Keep it fun and professional.
Position yourself as a credible thought leader in your practice area:
- Leave thoughtful comments. Boost your profile’s reach and promote your practice by participating in group discussions in your comments section. Add value to the conversation by answering a question, providing resources, or offering your opinion.
- Post industry articles. Be seen as a person who’s always in the know by posting about current news and industry trends. Make predictions and invite comments. Doing so will help you increase your reliability and credibility.
- Use updates as a blog. If you really want to be seen as an expert on LinkedIn, go a step further by writing original, blog-like posts. Start with content that performs well on LinkedIn, such as how-tos, tricks, lists of tips and lessons learned.
- Write LinkedIn articles. Create a longer article and publish it directly on the LinkedIn platform. Write about webinars you’ve attended or interesting discussions that raise bigger issues.
Craft the perfect LinkedIn Headline:
- Keep it simple; just use your title: Example: Of Counsel at Smith & Jones LLP
- Use the formula — [Job title]: helping X do Y: Example: Intellectual property attorney serving clients in the pharmaceutical industry
- Leave out the job title and describe what you do: Example: Law Firm Media Strategist. Entrepreneur. Writer.
Have additional questions about LinkedIn? Get in touch and we will be glad to help.